I ate this book up. Not literally, but I definitely read it faster than many of the other books I’ve read and reviewed. I’ve heard a lot about Jon Gabriel, and I’ve always wanted to take one of his courses or read one of his books, so when I saw this book, I jumped at the chance to read it.
The whole book is really just about visualization. That’s good though. That’s what I wanted to read. I already know what I should and shouldn’t be eating, and how much I should be exercising. So, I wanted to find out why visualization could help me.
My Favorite Lesson In Visualization For Weight Loss
First, I realized that visualization had the power to dictate my eating habits. I guess I’ve always known this. I’ve been a vegetarian since I was young, not because I didn’t like the taste or texture of meat, but because I would visualize where the meat came from and that would make me sick.
I also once swore off peanut butter in a jar because I heard there were often rats that get chopped up during the manufacturing process. I still have a hard time eating peanut butter from a jar and prefer to make my own.
In short, I learned what I already knew on some level – if I want to swear off a food group or particular food, I can do that through visualization.
That’s good news for people who can’t stop eating the unhealthiest food in abundance. If a food is sabotaging your weight loss or health efforts, visualization can help you overcome it.
What Will You Learn In Visualization For Weight Loss?
There is a lot you will learn inside. I would say that 99% of it was really interesting to me, which is rare for a book. I made many connections between this book, and Unlimited Abundance and Silva – two courses that I love.
I’m just going to break it down into bullet points.
You will learn things, such as:
- Why weight loss is not about calories in and calories out
- Why visualization works to benefit various things such as habits, hormones, and beliefs
- What mode you need to get in to make visualizations work for you (Hint: It’s alpha)
- Some techniques to help you get into an alpha state of mind
- Why you need to eliminate stress
- How visualization can eliminate stress
- Why leptin plays a huge role in the inability to lose weight
- Why insulin and leptin can benefit from visualization
- What fear has to do with weight
- Some visualizations to help you with fear
- How visualization can help you form better, positive beliefs (including beliefs about your metabolism)
- Why negative beliefs keep us in a negative spiral that promote hormonal issues that cause weight gain, cravings, and illness
- Everything you want to know about habits and changing them
- How to incorporate exercise the right way into your life (not what the biggest loser makes you believe you have to do)
- Why sleep is so important
- 7 steps to the perfect visualizations
- How to be more intuitive
- Visualization to help develop intuition (loved this!)
- How you should eat
- How you can use visualization to create your ideal life
- 16 weeks to total transformation (what visualizations you need to do for evening and morning)
- All the morning visualizations for the 16 weeks are written out in the book
There are also some bonuses that come with Visualization For Weight Loss. Most are small bonuses, but let’s face it – we all love bonuses.
For instance, you get:
- Three of the 16 morning visualizations on mp3. I’m a little confused as to why you don’t get all 16 of the visualizations on mp3. I would have thought that would be a better offer considering it is part of the book. I tried searching to see if he was selling the other 13 morning visualizations, but I couldn’t find them. This is just an odd thing to me. If I had written the book, I would have done all 16 morning meditations as a courtesy part of the book. But, onward…
- The evening meditation. You can also download the app and get this meditation for free with it.
- Sugar impact cookbook, which is a 2-week cookbook with recipes that are low in sugar.
- A getting started with meditation video class. Learn how to balance your breath and go through a short meditation.
- A guide that has 30 foods to re-balance your hormones and meals. But, a link in the guide to a cookbook to balance out hormones is really just a sales page for a DIY program to balance your hormones. You may or may not be interested in that.
- A yoga for athletes bonus that teaches you some movements (through PDF pictures)
- A few recipes from the mind-body weight loss summit
- Learn how to make sweet potato bars, a grain-free recipe
- A lecture on the emotional experiences at the root of binge eating, anorexia, and bulimia disorders.
- The 1st chapter of Rich Food, Poor Food.
- An emotional eating guide that will help you learn how to eliminate cravings through tapping
If You Want To Lose Weight, I Recommend Checking Out This Book
The book includes a lot of little visualizations for different things, but it will get you inspired to do your own visualizations, and it feels really good to do that.
I find that I’m already visualizing more positive things throughout my day naturally, which I love. It’s helping me choose healthier habits and look at myself in a different way. I truly feel that this is going to help me be healthier and manifest more good things into my life.
Jon does say that you may not lose weight right away. He says that some people lose weight quickly and others take months to lose weight. That could be a deterrent for you if you want to lose weight fast, but the point of this book is to help you become healthier in all aspects and keep the weight off for good. So, it is definitely not something you want to skip simply because you want to lose 10 pounds in a week (you know you are going to gain all that weight back if you don’t have the right tools in your hands!)
If you don’t use visualizations right now, why not try it. The worst it could do is make your life better on some level. The best it could do is help you lose weight and manifest everything you want. Win-win.
Note: I got this book for free to do a review. That doesn’t affect my opinion of the book though. If I thought it was a bunch of crap, you would have heard it in this review. I really liked this book and think visualization is a great tool for weight loss.
Last Updated on