It can be hard to treat ourselves. We often treat other people, without a thought, but then decline to get ourselves something really cool when we want it. In fact, I have been known to, without a thought, buy something expensive for my husband, but avoid buying something cheaper for myself that I really want. I think we’ve been taught by our parents and society that treating ourselves too much is selfish or unnecessary, but I’ve rebelled against that and I couldn’t be happier. One of the things I treat myself with is FabFitFun. This is my Spring FabFitFun 2017 review.
- 1 My 2017 Spring FabFitFun Review
- 1.1 1. Emerald DUV Joshua Tree Cage Bracelet
- 1.2 2. Karuna Hydrating Face Mask
- 1.3 3. Deborah Lippman Nail Polish Set
- 1.4 4. Milly Zip Pouch
- 1.5 5. Gypsy 05 Roundie
- 1.6 6. Dr. Brandt Microdermabrasion Age Defying Exfoliator
- 1.7 7. Briogeo Rosarco Milk Reparative Leave-In Conditioning Spray
- 1.8 8. Real Her Lip Kit
- 2 A Few Things To Know About FabFitFun
- 3 The Downsides To FabFitFun
- 4 Don’t Let Others Tell You That You Can’t Buy Things For Yourself
My 2017 Spring FabFitFun Review
First off, the box is so pretty! I felt like a little kid who was amused more by the box than what would be inside of it. Of course, I’m not a little kid, and I was dying to know what was inside of it.
So, here’s what came in the box.
1. Emerald DUV Joshua Tree Cage Bracelet
Holy crap. I love this bracelet. We had a choice between this and an earring set, and I’m so glad I chose this bracelet. You can find it on Emerald Duv here. It’s worth $80.
It has a 7-inch circumference. Going on it was a little tight, but once on it feels amazing. I just want to wear this everywhere. I probably will. I can’t wear it while working, though, because it sits off the wrist a bit, so it bangs against my desk while I’m writing. But, everywhere else, this thing is going with me!
2. Karuna Hydrating Face Mask
There are 4 face masks in this package. I haven’t tried this yet, but it has 4925 loves on the Sephora site, so I’m thinking that it is going to be a pretty good mask! I find it funny that I’ve been avoiding buying a face mask from Lush for the past little while. I guess I knew I was getting these masks in my FabFitFun box! The box is worth $28.
3. Deborah Lippman Nail Polish Set
These colors are ‘Like A Virgin’ and ‘Shape of My Heart’. When I opened them up, the nail polish was pretty thick, so I’m excited to see how it goes on.
I just had my nails done – a gel manicure – and I’m about to give up on going in to get them done. The lady did a horrible job and in just one week my polish came off in the top corner of a thumb. For $45 it’s not worth it. So, I’m glad I got these in my FabFitFun box because I’m going to start doing them at home. This set is worth $19 and it will probably last me a while, as opposed to paying over a hundred dollars a month for nails.
Plus, apparently, a portion of the proceeds supports the more than me foundation. Go to the site, listen to the video, and then feel good about donating to a cause that gives young girls education, care, and hope. I wish every company would donate a portion of their proceeds like this. Imagine what type of world we would live in if they did!
4. Milly Zip Pouch
This thing is worth $45? I saw that other people have different sayings on their pouches, like Haute Mess and Slay All Day, but I’ll take the Beach Please one. In fact, I’m planning on going on a cruise this year, so this will be a perfect bag to bring with me around the ship and on excursions. It’s water-resistant, so even if it’s raining or I get a little splash here and there, I’ll be good to go.
But, I’ll also use it with the next item I got in the FabFitFun box!
5. Gypsy 05 Roundie
I got to pick the color I wanted for this, and I like it, but after seeing yellow, I may have picked that instead. (I’ll get it as an add-on next go around!) They have 8 different designs, so you can check them out here if you want one.
As you can see, it’s a round blanket. It’s a good size at 62 1/2 ” – almost covering my large mat for the kitchen area. I may use it as a picnic table cover because we don’t go to a lot of places where you sit on the ground. But, I will keep my options open! It’s going in the van so it’s ready for action! This is worth $50.
6. Dr. Brandt Microdermabrasion Age Defying Exfoliator
This stuff is supposed to polish away dead cells and leave your skin looking healthy. And it cost about $80 USD ($98 CAD at my Sephora) if you are going to buy it on your own. Is it worth it? I think so. So do almost a thousand reviews at Sephora.
I used it after a shower. Just a tiny, tiny drop. And it felt like I was rubbing sandpaper on my skin. I know that may sound like a bad thing, but it felt like it was doing something, which is what I wanted. After I washed it off, my skin was obviously smoother and brighter. It still felt a little bit raw up to a half an hour after using it (that may have been symptoms of an upcoming flu because I got really sick that night), but it seemed like my moisturizer went in better.
My husband also tried it. He had the same experience. (Not the flu! lol)
It doesn’t seem to smell like anything. At least, we couldn’t smell anything.
You don’t need to use this very often. The way it felt, I would say once a week or so… maybe less.
7. Briogeo Rosarco Milk Reparative Leave-In Conditioning Spray
Right after I scrubbed my face, I brushed my hair and put this stuff in it. This is worth $20. I do use a less expensive brand of leave-in conditioner- Pantene Pro-V. Brigeo has much better ingredients, like rosehip and coconut oils, and no parabens or sulfates. And my hair does feel pretty soft. But the best part is the smell. My husband and I both recognize it, but we can’t figure out what it is yet. We just know that it smells really good.
8. Real Her Lip Kit
This is lip gloss, lip liner, and lipstick. All liquid.
First, let me say that the lip liner broke when it barely touched my lips. It could be because it had been packaged up and was warm, but it was disappointing nonetheless. I haven’t seen anyone else complain about this so far. I even watched a FabFitFun review where the girl drew on her arm with the lip liner and it stayed intact.
I got mine in a nude color, and I’m so glad I did. Other people were saying that the red was too bold and the pink wasn’t a good match. The nude is a nice color, not too bold. I have very fair skin, so that may make a difference to you. But, in the FabFitFun community almost everyone was on consensus that they wish they had gotten the nude color or that they were glad they did get the nude color.
A Few Things To Know About FabFitFun
1. A few weeks before the official billing and distribution of the subscription boxes, add-ons open up. These are discounted items that have been in previous boxes… sometimes even past boxes are offered. If you can, get some things from these add-ons. Not only is it an extra gift to yourself, but it ensures that they pack your FabFitFun box and extras in a bigger box to be delivered to you. If you just get the box, it comes in the box that contains everything. (See the first picture) And because it travels, it can get a little bit beat up along the way. I like pretty things. I like fresh things. I like my box to look new. I will order add-ons for now on.
2. FabFitFun TV is here! If you noticed in this FabFitFun review, there were no fitness things in the box. I know a lot of people were complaining about the lack of fitness stuff, so I think this is the company’s way of making up for it. This TV was just added before the subscription boxes got sent out this spring. FabFitFun TV is fitness videos, kind of like Barre3 or Daily Burn, but not as many videos yet (it is brand new after all). If you are a FabFitFun member, you can choose your workout, hit play, and that’s it.
3. You can pay for a year or season by season. I pay for a full year up front. It saves me about $20 a year, and since I know I want ALL the boxes, this is good for me. But, if you would rather pay season by season, it’s $49.99 USD. That gives you the option to cancel if you need to before the next billing date. If you want to order season by season, you can save $10 off your first box by using the Promo Code BUNNIES. Click here and scroll down to the bottom of the page to enter in that code and get set up with your first box.
Note: Look at the top of the ‘order summary’ to see what box you are getting. It may not be the seasonal box, it may be the editor’s box, which should have some of the best past items in it.
The Downsides To FabFitFun
It only comes 4 times a year. I was thinking about this downside last night as I thought about my FabFitFun box coming today. I feel like it’s too long between boxes to wait. I like the feeling of treating myself so much, that I need to get another subscription somewhere else so I can get something at least once a month. Waiting 4 months for your next box to come out is just too long. They should make it at least 6 or 7 times a year.
The spoilers. It seems like every beauty vlogger or blogger gets the box before we do and does a full FabFitFun review. They open their box and show everyone what’s inside. Or, they put a thumbnail or post picture up of the contents that are in the box. It’s hard not to see that! And, on top of that, people who get their boxes first talk about them in the community section (forum section) of FabFitFun. I don’t want to know what’s inside! Part of the fun is getting the box and being surprised. I guess some people might like the spoilers, but not me. I have to avoid all popular vloggers and bloggers that I know will do a FabFitFun review, plus the FabFitFun community, for about 3 weeks, which is annoying and frustrating.
Don’t Let Others Tell You That You Can’t Buy Things For Yourself
Like what you see in this FabFitFun review? If you are interested in FabFitFun, get it! You know you would buy something like this for someone else if they were interested in it, so do it for yourself. You will thank YOU when you get the box. It’s fun to know that you are getting something like this soon, and it’s fun to open it up and see what you get. Plus, you learn more about what you like and what you want with the surprise items that you may not have even known you needed.
And, I’d say it’s worth it. Add up the items in this FabFitFun review, and you’ll see that they total $369 USD. Considering I paid $44.99 USD for the box, it seems like a pretty good deal to me! Click here to learn more and use the promo code BUNNIES to save $10 off your first box.
Last Updated on